Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 73

Ok and we're back to figure studies! It's important to everyonce and a while ask yourself what it is you want to do, and what your short term goals are.
Mine is definitly to get employed as fast as possible, and I think animation is the skill I want to sell on my cv, so in order to achieve that I just have to focus on actual animation, which means strong life drawing and lots of good animations both in 2d and 3d.
I'll be finishing my job in 2 weeks time so then I won't have to work on these studies at midnight anymore and I'll be using different media to explore the figure.
For now I stick to pencils!

In this image here I tried to build the image from shaded planes, really break things down in a constructional way, which I think would really help painting at a later stage.



I then did some blind drawings (which I didn't post) and moved on to some more loose drawingsbut still trying to rely on strong shapes rather then outlining the figure.



1 comment:

  1. characterdesign.com nice... :D
    your finally back, I was just thinking about how long its been since you last posted figure studies today. I was also thinking about my goals n career etc. Stop reading my thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete