Wednesday, April 2, 2014

278: Gestures

Did a page of slow ones and some quick studies beneath. In the quick ones I used an opaque brush and really tried to not think about the appeal of the drawing or anatomy. I just wanted to focus on finding the storytelling within the pose and try to push the action.

The red lines are done afterwards to show what I was thinking about when drawing the pose, or even make corrections to my own work. You could just knock out those drawings and move on, but I think it's important to look at your work and find what is working and what isn't.




I took snap shots of the ref and drawing for these 3 poses below, because I think I managed to capture what was important about the pose (disregarding the appeal of the drawings completely). These were 60 seconds or less.



No comments:

Post a Comment