Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Back to The Drawing Board : Part 1

 So I took Inktober as an excuse to go back to sketchbook drawing. I will be (trying) to make a comic book in the traditional way on paper with real inks. So I have been looking at some comic art (going back to the 80s X-men, because I have never read those!) 


So every day I filled at least a page with studies of hands and sometimes faces, I started with pencil drawings for the first 2 days but then I went to drawing with biro, since as a storyboard artist you need to draw fast, you never really have time to construct, so I think it's better to learn how to draw hands without the need for an eraser. 

For me sketchbooks are not about making nice pictures, instead it's a learning ground. Make mistakes, make notes, and fill as many as you can :)

















No comments:

Post a Comment