Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Back to Studies

I have not updated this blog in adages. Which shows how little how I've been drawing 😀

Part of that was because of an injury I had, and then once I lost the habit, it's been hard getting back into a rhythm. So I've come backing studies on a different angle. This time around I've been studying from comics. Not technically life drawing, but it's still studying the figure. So I'll be posting my studies here. 

An exercice I came up with is to copy a hand from a comic (this is from X-men, artist: Paul Smith). And draw it 4-5 times, than draw it without looking. An attempt to expand your library of shapes. Not sure if it works or not yet :P


Same with heads, this a drawing from Buscema in Magik. I always find that when I draw a style I am not familiar with, it takes me quite a lot of pages to be able to draw it. But by making the mistakes, you can often stumble on things you like. This can all end up being your style.



No comments:

Post a Comment