Saturday, June 28, 2014

Posemaniacs + Cafe Sketches

Drawing outside is challenging! People are in constant motion, so you can't really draw purely observational. In a lot of cases you'll have to refer to what you know and just use what you see as the source of inspiration.

This morning I sat along a window where people were passing through the shop. So as soon as I looked at my sketchbook to put down my first line they were already gone.
Instead I tried to just observe them and make mental notes, and then try to do something based on those mental notes. I really don't know what I'm doing, which is why I should do it more often :P Remember the 10000 bad drawings rule!





And here are some posemaniacs 90 second drawings from 2 nights ago... it was actually a bad session...I think I've been doing those posemaniac sketches too often recently, and the brain just kinda becomes lazy then since there's no new input of information or new challenge.



No comments:

Post a Comment