Monday, December 8, 2014

Ink Sketches

I have sacrificed my usual figure sketching for animating, but it's definitely a habit I don't want to drop. I'll be going life drawing tomorrow and I wanted to use a different medium. I will use a fountain pen with black Quink, so instead of having a potentially horrible experience messing with a medium I never use, I opted to do some warm ups this evening to get at least a bit familiar with it.

It's definitely very tricky for me, I've got to be more carefull about the lines I put down, and I fear that especially on 2+ min poses, this will be a disaster :P On the up side, I feel that I can really boost up my skills using this, so I might be focussing on this for the rest of the year.






I also wanted to share this line by Michelangelo..the artist, not the Ninja Turtle.

"An artist must have his measuring tools not in the hand, but in the eye." (Michelangelo)

I haven't measured while drawing for...years...I have drawn a hell of a lot of disproportionate figures, but after all that failure I have seen the impact in my work from imagination. It's also the reason I am embracing this new medium, it's just about finding out what doesn't work..and once you get comfortable, abandon it all again and find something new :D

No comments:

Post a Comment