Monday, December 29, 2014

Cafe sketches + Acrylics & Charcoal experiments

You can probably tell I have some off work, I've been spending most of my time drinking coffee with friends and drawing. I really have to try and book a month off next year to just travel around with my sketchbook, but first I have to develop some more sketch techniques.

One thing that kills my sketches is when people seem to be aware that you are drawing them, once that happens it kills my sketchbuzz. I just hate the idea of making somebody uncomfortable for my own enjoyment :D That's what happened in my first sketches, I then moves to the window and just took mental snapshots of people passing by and trying to draw what I remembered.


I then watched Battle Royale and tried out some more acrylic paintings (relatively quick ones) and 2 charcoal drawings. trying to focus on heads since that's still a weakness of mine, I really think that if I strengthen my understanding of the head that I will be able to draw better quicksketches, right now I'm kind of limited with my knowledge. Of course as the same time looking to just gain some milage with acrylics, I don't want to do paintings for hours, I would like to find a way to use it for loose sketches that keep some life in them. I'm also limiting myself to black and white to work a bit on tone.






No comments:

Post a Comment