Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Back to the drawing board : Part 2

 So here's a story that always stuck with me:

I met a guy who had taken a year out to draw faces everyday. After he finished this year of daily studies, he tried drawing his own stuff again and he found that he wasn't really any better at drawing. So he was very disappointed by that. 

And so that's a great thing to keep in mind, if you really want to improve it's important you study by copying, BUT THEN you need to also draw from your imagination. Because the two parts of your brain need to sync up. If you draw a page everyday of studies, and then a page from your imagination / memory, Eventually the 2 will merge and you will come out a better artist.

Well, that's what I believe anyway :P There are geniuses in the world who learn things really quickly, I am not one of them. But I enjoy the journey, so it doesn't bother me that it takes me 5 times as long as other people :D 

Below more of those studies, also some pages from memory mixed in:

















No comments:

Post a Comment